To check out our selection of mattresses, click HERE
Kingsdown® is committed to providing the latest technology and products that will deliver the best night’s sleep possible. Kingsdown products are sold all across North America and in over twenty countries worldwide. Founded in 1904, Kingsdown sleep systems have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 100 years.
Kingsdown works very closely with the Sleep To Live Institute. In fact, every handcrafted, innovative bed produced by Kingsdown is individually tested and certified by the Sleep To Live Institute to make sure it provides the correct postural support and pressure relief before leaving their factories. No one else delivers this much attention to detail.
The better you sleep, the better you live. That’s why Kingsdown is committed to providing the latest technology and products to deliver the best night’s sleep possible.
With our bedMATCH diagnostic system, we can take out the guesswork and find the right Kingsdown bed for you!
Leading the Way in Mattress Innovation and Technology
Serta has been a pioneer in comfort since we introduced our very first Perfect Sleeper® mattress to the world in 1931. Since then we have brought many “firsts” to the industry, including our breakthrough iComfort® Sleep System featuring our latest in gel memory foam technology.
Today, we are proud to be the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States and a leading brand across the globe. We share this achievement with our dedicated retail partners and remain committed to helping them grow with the most innovative products and advertising programs.
Every Serta mattress is designed to provide exceptional comfort. Our product portfolio spans every price point and mattress construction, so that everyone can find the sleep comfort they deserve.
- The Perfect Sleeper® mattress brand was introduced to the world in 1931, two years before the Serta® brand name was introduced.
- The Sertapedic® mattress was introduced in the 1950’s with the tagline, “You sleep ON it, not in it.”
- In the 1970’s, Serta introduced the very first plusher “Pillow Soft®” mattress to the world, defying popular belief that a firmer mattress is always better.
- Celebrity Joey Heatherton appeared in a national advertising campaign for Serta Perfect Sleeper in the 1970’s.
- In another industry first, Serta introduced a continuous coil innerspring design in the 1980’s.
- The beloved Serta Counting Sheep were introduced as the brand icons in 2000, and were inducted into the advertising hall of fame in 2008.
- In 2005, Serta became the first brand in the industry to make all of its mattresses meet or exceed the federal flammability standard.
- Serta joined forces with the National Sleep Foundation in 2010 to redesign its Perfect Sleeper mattresses to help solve 5 common sleep problems.
- In 2011, Serta launched its breakthrough iComfort Sleep System, and this launch is noted as one of the most successful in the industry.
- In 2012, Serta achieves the ranking of the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States.
- Serta is named America’s Most Recommended Mattress, Pillow and Box Spring brand by the Women’s Choice Award in 2014, and earns the recognition again in 2015 and 2016.
A Heritage of Making it Right
In 1893 music didn't stream in over the internet, you didn't need electricity to read books, food was never grabbed out of a machine- but one thing was the same- folks slept on very comfortable beds thanks to Southerland. Our families have made and slept on our beds for over 119 years. It's our dedication to making it right that lets us sleep with a smile, and wake up with a sense of purpose. While the business of high quality sleep changed a lot over all these years - the technology is shinier, the marketing is digital, the mattresses are better - Everything we at Southerland do still starts the same way, by putting you first.
Building strong communities, forging enduring relationships and creating jobs all across the United States have been some of our proudest achievements. Southerland takes to heart the happiness and satisfaction of its employees and its customers- it's the only way we know how to do business. So wherever you decide to rest your head tonight, rest easy knowing Southerland has been making it right for a long, long time, and we're going to do the same thing tomorrow and the next day and the day after that.
- 1893 Our story begins in Evansville, IN, a small mattress company opens that will later join the Southerland family.
- 1924 JD Southerland becomes a mattress man in Nashville, TN, and begins dreaming big for his family and yours.
- 1929-1965 JD Southerland expands the Southerland family, bringing Tennessee some of the best sleep its ever had.
- 1966 Herman Southerland joins his Uncle JD and learns the business- put customers first.
- 1971 JD Southerland's daughter Frances, a schoolteacher, inherits the company from her father.
- 1973 The company changes its name to Southerland as Herman Southerland becomes president, making his family proud.
- 1994 Herman Southerland becomes owner of Southerland and begins looking for more good folks to help run his family's pride and joy.
- 1996 Bryan Smith joins the Southerland family business as the CFO.
- 2002 Southerland opens a post in Phoenix, AZ, setting the stage for future growth.
- 2008 Oklahoma City, OK welcomes Southerland’s 3rd manufacturing facility enabling the company to readily service customers coast-to-coast.
- 2010 Stephen Russo, Bryan Smith, and David Corbin take the lead at Southerland, the company becomes a 100% ESOP and the mattresses keep getting more comfortable.
- 2013 Bryan Smith assumes the role of President and C.E.O., and Barry D. Elkins joins the Southerland team as Chief Financial Officer.